It gives me great pleasure to welcome our new Executive Director, Centre Greene; Diahara Traoré. This is effective Monday, July 19th.
After a lengthy and very thorough search we are thrilled to have Diahara joining our Community. Dr. Traoré is trilingual (English, French and Bambara). She completed a Master of Arts at McGill University and a Doctor of Philosophy at Université du Québec à Montréal.
Diahara has a wide range of experience including:
– Associate Director/ Canadian Council for Refugees- most recent
– Co-Coordinator/Centre des Femmes de Laval
– Programs Coordinator/ Girls Action Foundation
– Project Coordinator- Trainer / Relais – Femmes
– Part- time teaching Professor/ Université du Québec à Montréal- September 2010- Present
– etc, etc
The Search Committee and the Board were not only impressed with Diahara’s intelligence and wide range of experience but also with her humility, humour and delightful manner. We are all looking forward to expanding our Community partnerships and building on our current community needs under her leadership.
Please join me in welcoming Diahara Traoré to our wonderful Community Centre at 1090 Greene Avenue. Wishing everyone a safe and happy summer.
Board Chair- Centre Greene